Cleveland Golf Club was established in 1887, our course is the only true Championship links, and also the oldest course in the county of Yorkshire. Over the clubs 126 year history it is known that a few architects have had involvement in the design of the golf course, the most famous being Harry S Colt, and then in 2000 Donald Steel designed three new holes. In 2007 the club hosted the English Golf Union county finals, and many other County and Professional events, and is the home to the Amateur scratch competition the Cleveland Salver.In August 2011 the club hosted the Yorkshire County Team Championship. Our Championship links course, is situated on the beautiful North East coastline and measures 6921 yards CSS 74 from the black tees and 6704 yards CSS 73 from the white tees with a par of 72. The Ladies Championship course is played from red tees all year round and their course measures 5545 yards CSS 73 also with a par of 72. The course itself is flat and easy to walk, it is protected by strategically placed bunkers both on the fairways and around the greens, and in addition and in common with many other Championship links courses, it is a true test of golf when the wind blows. It is advisable, to contact the club in advance of your visit to avoid disappointment and ensure the course is available for play.
Click on the Hole number for further details.
|Par||Stoke Index||Black Yards||White Yards||Yellow Yards||Blue Yards||Red Yards|